From: Bob Higgins<mailto:rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 3, 2016 7:16 AM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com<mailto:vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Subject: Re: [Vo]: Q and A with Parkhomov regarding his latest presentation

Parkhomov's choice of rain gauge for flow meter is an interesting choice -
fits perfectly with his style.  This flow meter is of the bistable conical
cup type.  It flops back and forth as each cup fills to a certain MASS of
water: [I am inserting a small picture - hope it comes through]

​
When one cup fills to 10g of water, it flows over and presents the other
cup.  Each flop causes a magnet to pass a reed switch which causes a
pulse.  Parkhomov said he measured a noise of about +/- 0.1 g for each
flop.  The +/- 0.1 g may not have been the repeatability or noise - for
example the left cup could be 9.9g and the right cup 10.1g depending on the
level of the system.

Measuring the mass of water is much better than measuring the volume of
water because the heat in each gram is much more stable with temperature
than the heat with 1cc.

Also note from the pictures of the system that Parkhomov had a can storing
water up above the reactor.  This can had a water level control to keep the
can filled to a certain height.  This would have controlled the water
pressure (only the dead fall pressure) and helped keep the flow constant.

Bob