Dave--

Where did the pressure of 15.75 psi abs come from?  I  thought the pressure of
the 102C dry steam (assumed) was 1 atmos.--not 15.75 abs.

I  think your assumed conditions above 1 atmos. were never measured.

Bob Cook

Bob, I used a steam table calculator located at
http://www.tlv.com/global/TI/calculator/steam-table-pressure.html to obtain my
data points.

According to that source, 14.6954 psi abs is 0 bar at a temperature of 99.9743
C degrees.
At 102 C degrees the pressure is shown as 15.7902 psi absolute.
Also, at 15.75 psi abs you should be at 101.928 C.  I must have accidentally
written the last digit in error for some reason.

Does this answer your first question?

You are correct about the assumed pressures above 1 atmosphere not being
measured directly.  I admit that I rounded off the readings a bit, but the
amount of error resulting from the values I chose did not appear to impact the
answers to a significant degree.  In one of Rossi's earlier experiments the
temperature within his ECAT was measured to reach a high of about 135 C just as
the calculated power being measured at the output of his heat exchanger reached
the maximum.  At the time I concluded that this must have occurred as a result
of the filling of his device by liquid water.

I chose 130 C for my latest calculations mainly as an estimate of the
temperature within the ECAT modules.  The higher pressure (39.2 psi absolute)
was the value required to keep the liquid water in saturation with the vapor.
Rossi is using a feedback system to control the heating of his modules and that
requires him to operate each at a few degrees above the output temperature(102
C?) as a minimum.  There is no guarantee that he regulates them at 130 C as I
assumed, but that temperature was consistent with having a ratio of vapor
volume to liquid volume of nearly 100 to 1.

Of course I could have raised the ECAT temperature to get a larger ratio of
flash vapor to liquid water at the output stream.  Likewise, the ratio would
drop if a lower temperature is assumed.   The 130 C appeared to be near to his
earlier design, and I had to choose something.  Do you have a suggestion for a
better temperature or pressure to assume?

Dave