I wrote:

> I do not know the extent of the error from running the flow meter below
> the minimum threshold might be. But I would never run a flow meter that
> records only 36 pulses a day. That seems like a terrible idea. . . .

More to the point I would never pay $89 million based on such a sloppy
report. Even if the manufacturer of the flow meter told me: "We put 1,200
kg minimum on the face plate but it might work okay at a lower rate" I
still would not trust that result.

If you want someone to pay $89 million based on a technical evaluation, you
must make it highly professional. All instruments must be within
specification, with extensive cross-checking. The procedures have to be
strictly according to ASME textbooks. You cannot use an instrument that is
sorta-maybe-might-be within spec but the manufacturer's own face plate says
it isn't.