Jed,.
I doubt you are that naive. The patent doesn't even mention cold fusion or LENR because if it had the patent would have been stalled indefinitely.. The use of nickel and H2 will undoubtedly be challenged as he wasn't the first to use them. Just what do you think the patent protects? Rossi says he is working on a large number of other patents but they have yet to surface. Until proven otherwise I think he has probably invented something new with the QuarkX too.
AA