>From what I've seen, there's transmutations all over the map.  This is an
area that is in need of systematization in the hands of someone careful who
does not have a pet theory to advance, or who can do a rigorous job despite
having a pet theory.  This is the kind of topic for which it would be easy
to draw facile generalizations that on closer inspection are a bit light on
the evidence, something I think is regularly done.  And you'd want someone
to avoid simply adopting the researchers' own conclusions and just look at
the data they publish.

One conclusion that should in my opinion be avoided as an example of such a
facile generalization: the transmutations are insufficient to account for
excess heat.  While it is true that some LENR researchers have convinced
themselves of this, one need only realize that if carbon or silicon or some
other common "impurity" is actually a transmutation byproduct, then there
could potentially be a lot of excess heat that could be ascribed to the
transmutation process, especially if one includes fission byproducts in the
evidence for transmutations.

Eric