They are proposing MOND as a new/old solution.  The trouble is that MOND
has adjustable parameters and does not explain why this occurs, only
provides a means to fit an equation to the modification of Newtonian
mechanics.  Michael McCulloch wrote a book about his MiHsC theory that
derives from first hypothesis how inertial mass (Mi) can differ from
gravitational mass.  The prediction seems to fit pretty well with the data
without adjustable parameters - a very nice plus.  But, after reading his
book (Physics from the Edge), I decided that what he proposed violated
causality.  I wrote to him about it, and he agreed that it did violate
causality but he was working on an explanation for that.  Perhaps his
equations are right, but for the wrong reason.