Hi Fran,

I am unable to imagine how something special would happen in that case.  A
muon in slow motion may have a greater chance of interaction if its energy
is near the ionization energy of the atoms upon which it is incident - but
this is only a small energy - less than 10eV.  At higher energy, it is
probably more likely that the muon is going to ionize the atom and then
scatter at lower energy.  The distances are so small in condensed matter
that the scattering will happen rapidly and will reduce the muon to the
sweet spot wherein it can interact with the chemical (electronic) structure
of the next atom it meets.

How would a brief passage though a Casimir geometry alter these behaviors?