From: MarkI-ZeroPoint
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 11:22 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Cc: Jones Beene; 'Roarty, Francis X'; 'Terry Blanton'; fznidar...@aol.com
Subject: [Vo]:Reason why there are no dead grad students...

Vorts,

Haven’t had time to do much sci-surfing in 2016, but as is quite common in my
life, when I get a nagging feeling to do it, I come across stuff that could be
very significant…

Happened to go to physorg.com today when eating lunch at work and came across
this article:

    “Laser pulses help scientists tease apart complex electron interactions”
     http://phys.org/news/2016-12-laser-pulses-scientists-complex-electron.html

Title doesn’t really sound all that breakthrough, but for some reason I clicked
on it and came across what could be the mechanism of action in LENR reactions
which gently sheds the energy to the lattice instead of ejecting high-energy
particles, i.e., the ‘expected’ mechanism.  To quote the article:

“But they also discovered another, unexpected signal-which they say represents
a distinct form of extremely efficient energy loss at a particular energy level
and timescale between the other two.

"We see a very strong and peculiar interaction between the excited electrons
and the lattice where the electrons are losing most of their energy very
rapidly in a coherent, non-random way," Rameau said. At this special energy
level, he explained, the electrons appear to be interacting with lattice atoms
all vibrating at a particular frequency-like a tuning fork emitting a single
note. When all of the electrons that have the energy required for this unique
interaction have given up most of their energy, they start to cool down more
slowly by hitting atoms more randomly without striking the "resonant"
frequency, he said.

"We know now that this interaction doesn't just switch on when the material
becomes a superconductor; it's actually always there,"
Although electron-based and not nucleus-based, it still makes me wonder if this
is one step in a multi-step process of energy transfer… nucleus to electrons to
lattice.

It is in a very narrow energy range, and is obviously some kind of resonance
(coherent) condition… which also explains why it’s so hard to reproduce.
Wonder if the narrow energy kink is anywhere close to FrankZ’s 1.094Mhz-meter?

BTW, the research also used a setup which I’ve been ranting about for years…
the electron stroboscope.

"By varying the time between the 'pump' and 'probe' laser pulses we can build
up a stroboscopic record of what happens - a movie of what this material looks
like from rest through the violent interaction to how it settles back down,"
Merry Christmas to All,
-mark iverson