OK, I get that about quantum computers.  This is something that an existing
parallel computer can also do, it would just take longer.  It provides no
real leg up in making a learning, adaptive, thinking machine possible.
Possible applicability to AI is just part of the quantum computer hype...
we are also all going to be heating our tea with hot fusion grid energy in
50 years - same hype.  The invention(s) needed to make either a reality are
still in the ether.  As special Vorticians, we should look beyond the hype,
not drink the KoolAid.