Bob Higgins <rj.bob.higg...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmmm... Didn't your program insist that you include all of the words in the
> sentences that are needed?  :)  re-read below.

No, it just flagged missing words. 120,000 words is enough to cover most
vocabulary. The trick is to allow additional user defined words.

It was a simple program. Here is the thing, though. On the scale of
convenience between 0 and 100, writing with pen and ink is 1. A typewriter
is around 3; an electric typewriter with correction features is 5. The word
processing program I wrote in 1978 was at 90. Today's word processing
programs are up at 100. Or if you have to write in Japanese or include many
graphics, they are even higher. The point is that any computer is
incomparably better than no computer.

The leap from having no computer to having one is something that young
people nowadays never experience, so they can never fully appreciate
computers the way I do. Along the same lines, my mother learned to drive a
model T Ford at age 13 and she appreciated cars more than I did, or any
person does today. She also loved to drive them.

Bliss was it in that dawn to be alive,
But to be young was very heaven!--Oh! times,
In which the meagre, stale, forbidding ways
Of custom, law, and statute, took at once
The attraction of a country in romance!

- Wordsworth, "French Revolution"

The first generation to experience cold fusion will feel it is wonderful,
and the panacea for all our technical ills. The generation that follows
will take it for granted and complain about its limitations. That's human
nature.