-----Original Message-----
From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: Vortex <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Mar 17, 2017 2:24 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:12 years from now

John Shop <quack...@outlook.com> wrote:

All the advances that have been made are ones which can be imagined and
achieved with sufficiently advanced technology.  However AFAIK all of our great
minds have so far failed to come to grips with consciousness and some (eg
Penrose) have demonstrated that human minds at least can do what no computable
algorithms can do.

Consciousness is a problem of biology. There are many problems in biology which
people previously declared could never be solved, even in principle, yet which
were later solved. The best example is cellular reproduction and the genetic
blueprint for an entire plant or animal in a single cell. Before 1952, even
some biologists thought this was an ineffable mystery forever beyond the mind
of man. It turned out to be relatively simple.

Now the question has came up as to what makes matter alive.  All life is made
out of inorganic matter, however, some of this matter is clearly alive.  The
traditional answer to the question of a life force is that God breathes life
into matter.  As an atheist I can not accept this answer.

When I was a small child my cozen Ray spun a top in my grandfather's kitchen.
It became interesting when the top started wobbling.  It looked like it was
alive and fighting for its life not to fall over.

While writing my book, I wrote a chapter on the S,PD, and F orbits.  They
precess like a top and "fight for there lives" so as not to go into the next
state.  I wondered is this orbital precession is the fundamental driver of the
life force.   It is unpredictable and it attempts to have a purpose, to keep
spinning.  In a group of tops that could exchange energy a few would find a way
to steal the energy of the other tops and keep on spinning.  In a large group
organizations of rotational stealers could emerge.  Would this be the life
force of in organic matter in the simplest possible terms?

I was going to include a chapter on the life force of inorganic matter in my
book but it is a little bit to far out, however, I did work on the mathematics.

Frank Znidarsic