I think you might have missed my point.  The body dumps excess minerals and
vitamins out of your body through urination.  The body cannot separate zinc
and copper in its task of dumping an excess.  So, if you have a normal
amount of copper and supplement with zinc, the body will dump the excess
zinc and will take copper with it.  Since  you started with the correct
amount of copper, by dumping copper (along with the zinc excess) you become
copper deficient.  This also works the same way with sodium and potassium.
Take in too much sodium and the body's dumping of excess sodium can make
you potassium deficient.  All of these "companion" minerals should be taken
in balance.

Copper pipes passivate themselves pretty quickly with ordinary water, and
the water that comes out of your tap will not contain much after the first
year... Unless you have softened water.  Soft water really wants to grab
mineral salts and put them back into the water.  So, the combination of
softened water and copper pipes will lead to a lot of copper in the water.
I have softened water, but it is flowing through plastic pipes.