Stephen, yes that is interesting, but Gullstrom should have teamed up with Holmlid, not Rossi.

Holmlid claims to have seen muons, and Rossi's claim is nickel and lithium isotopic shifts. There is really no similarity. But basically the paper is a sham, in that it does not present any experimental data to support the hypothesis.

The paper can only have been presented by Rossi in a last ditch effort to salvage a legal claim which appears to be dead-in-the-water.

Stephen Cooke wrote:
Well one thing I found interesting is the light Sigma Mesons referred to in this paper is I think around 500MeV.

This is quite close I think to the mass of the Kaons.

Could nucleon resonance of a Sigma Meson some how open the door to Kaon emission?

There is a nucleon resonance window for Phi meson emission used by Kaon factories such as Delphi and other such experiments but I suppose this would require higher energies around 900MeV.