PEVs are pocket change in a game of this magnitude. Time is of the essence. If they were going to have trouble with a controller, that would still happen.

AA

On 3/27/2017 6:44 PM, Stefan Israelsson Tampe wrote:
>> That does not sound logical to me. They are close enough to having photovoltaics that it seems pointless to mess around with water calorimetry.

I believe that they would not risk damaging the photovoltaics with a bad controller and spend quite some time to make it robust and verified, why not spend time on validating the technology first or in parallel with this effort. My impression is that they treat the PEV's as expensive equipment that used wrongly could stall the development. But you are right that if these risks are small and if adding the PEV are a simple add-on then why not buy a Tesla
and have some fun.