bobcook39...@gmail.com wrote:

I concluded some time ago that Ashfield is not being paid by Rossi and is commenting in a manner that is well meaning, independent and without any kind of compensation, be it egotistical gratification or otherwise.

OK, he is not being paid - I will accept your word on that, although Rossi has on numerous occasions posted to his own forums, and possibly to a few others, using a made-up identity and making the customary and identical grammatical mistakes as a tip-off to the duplicity.

I am not saying that AA is Rossi's sock puppet or surrogate, but it is curious that he wants everyone else to withhold judgement on AR except himself... which does not sound very scientific to me. "Idealism" on any cause - though often admirable, can be dangerous when taken to extremes.