Bob Higgins wrote:

This is a fun discussion, Jones, but an important aspect of this troubles me. You are likening UDD, UDH with sub-ground-state hydrogen; and the way Holmlid defines UDD/UDH, they are unrelated phenomena.

Bob,

Yes - for the sake of brevity in an already too-long post, all of the various forms of dense hydrogen were conflated under the title of UDH or dense hydrogen. I would not say they are all "unrelated" however.

In fact, I do not subscribe to the details of Holmlid's version, nor to Rydberg matter. There are better models than his, based on Mayer and others - but in any case, extreme densification should present as "coldness"...

I suppose it could be called "virtual coldness"...