Hi,
[snip]
>What about the waste products from a hybrid fusion-fission reactor using
>natural U fuel?  Would the neutron source drive the fission products to be
>either stable elements or to radioisotopes with shorter half life?

Most of the daughter products of fission reactions are neutron rich because the
neutron:proton ratio increases with atomic number. So after a fission reaction
where you end up with daughters of lesser atomic number, you have too many
neutrons. IOW radioactive isotopes. I don't see a neutron source alleviating
this problem.
However a (very) fast neutron reactor should be able to fission any/all
actinides, so at least there would be few if any actinides remaining in spent
fuel, and it's primarily the actinides which have very long half lives.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk