"The Impostor Cell Line That Set Back Breast Cancer Research

It’s but one example of a major problem in cancer science."

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2017/04/the_impostor_cell_line_that_set_back_breast_cancer_research.html

A reader comment:

"If people knew what researchers were really like they would be stunned.
Their personality type is very ruthless and dishonest work and conclusion
is the norm. I work at a famous university medical center and we have a few
of the 'stars' here. Most of the time it's the postdocs who do the work and
the researcher is nowhere near it. Their name is on the paper but that's
about it. The pressure external and from themselves to publish and succeed
is insane."