An experiment based on this one that has been already performed as follows:

Initiation of nuclear reactions under laser irradiation of Au nanoparticles
in
the presence of Thorium aqua-ions
A.V. Simakin and G.A. Shafeev

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0906/0906.4268.pdf

"The resulting average size of Au NPs as determined by Transmission
Electron Microscopy lies between 10 and 20 nm."

The addition is to configure this experiment with two double concentric
glass chambers with pure water and gold nanoparticles in the inner chamber
and one with a thorium salt in solution in water filling the outer chamber
but without any nanoparticles inside of it.

First test the two concentric chambers without nanoparticles added to the
inner chamber. Expect to see no transmutation in either the inner or the
outer chamber.

Next test the two concentric chambers with nanoparticles added to the inner
chamber. Expect to see transmutation  results involving thorium in the
outer chamber as was seen in the referenced experiment done by A.V. Simakin
and G.A. Shafeev.

This will show that interaction between light and nanoparticles produce the
LENR reaction and that the reaction is carried out at a distance by
subatomic particles that can penetrate a glass wall.

Variations on the wall material: aluminum, iron, stainless steel, lead etc
can be carried out if the laser beam enters the inner chamber from an open
top of the inner chamber.

Next, a high voltage spark discharge can replace the laser light that is
fired just above the top of the water level on the inner chamber. As a
probe of the LENR reaction, expect to see transmutation results involving
thorium in the outer chamber.