Harvey Norris wrote:
 Just made it to the bottom of the list.
Most Viewed Writers in Time Dilation - Quora <https://www.quora.com/topic/Time-Dilation-1/writers?__filter__&__nsrc__=2&__snid3__=1124084798>

Good work Harvey. I was looking to see if Fran Roarty made this list with his Casimir/time dilation connection - but did not see anything. Guess you have to post your thinking directly to that group to get counted.

Anyway this broader subject reminded me of why the second law of thermodynamics needs semantic attention once again. Nowadays, the LoT is often worded to state that the total entropy of an isolated system can only increase over time. This is better than saying energy cannot be created or destroyed, but still - it is lacking in coverage - in a 4D Universe. There are a few examples of Maxwell's demon and Feynman's Brownian ratchet which are being paraded about (google either subject). And ZPE is generally relegated to another dimension. The Law is in jeopardy and needs a tweak.

Typically, entropy must remain constant when every larger system or superset is considered, or in a state of equilibrium in a single dimension such as when undergoing a reversible process. Unless we can balance gain in one subsystem against loss in another, there is a problem... and this becomes evident with Dirac and the sea of negative energy, to the degree that we are dealing with anything less (or more) than 3-space. We should put Dirac on a higher pedestal than the LoT which is still a generalization, not a Law.

Historically, the second "law" was an empirical finding with no real justification, one which was accepted as a law over time by default, since statistical thermodynamics offered no contrary evidence. That is no longer the case and contrary evidence is showing up around the edges. Dirac, or Dirac-reinterpreted, may hold the answer to a better definition.

Query: does a deeper heat sink violate a physical Law? ANS: Only if we revert to the older version, where energy cannot be destroyed or created.

Indeed, it appears that energy can indeed be destroyed... and destroyed in such a way that energy elsewhere appears to have been created disproportionately.

Time will tell, so to speak.