Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Yes... but you still do not get the logical error you are making.
>
> In any run where there is net gain, there can be regions of heat deficit
> which are masked by the overall gain. You cannot assume a homogeneous
> electrode.

If there were regions of deficit that exceeded the gain, the balance would
be negative. There was no significant negative balance in any experiment.
There was no net energy storage. Not in regions of the cathode, and not
over time either.

Again, looking at the time dimension, successful experiments produced heat
longer than they showed a zero balance. So, the negative heat deficit
(negative power) would have to be larger than the positive power. Assuming
they took place at different times. If they took place at the same time but
in different locations in the cathode -- as you suggest here -- then the
net effect must have been zero, as I said. A heat balance. I suppose the
cathode might have been storing and releasing heat at the same time, but
how could you tell with a calorimeter? This would look exactly the same as
a cathode that is doing nothing.