I wanted to toss a couple of thoughts in on BEC's in solid state.  If you
have never read Scott and Talbot Chubb's papers, I highly recommend them.
Also Y.E. Kim's BEC theory works fits in all of this. They are all in Jed's
library.  Y.E. Kim has a great body of work on BEC formations in solids,
and the Chubb's had some excellent solids state band models that would
describe well BEC formation in solids. A Kronig-Penny model of a periodic
potential demonstrates that H in metals will form band states that follows
Pauli exclusion or D bands that follow a Bose-Einstein model.   It's
obvious how fragile the metallurgy is for crystal structure and period
potential as it will impact the formation of band states and the BEC in
solids.

That said, I think the BEC theories Chubb, Kim, etc.  can really open the
doors on CF realizations.