Y.E. Kim also has an interesting theory paper that demonstrates the
possibility of a high temperature BEC for the hydrons.  I think it was
constrained in a lattice as well.
I always thought that would be an excellent research topic, the formation
of hydron BECS in solids, there detection and measurement.