SUPERNOVA CONDITIONS READILY CREATED IN A TEST TUBE
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2015/01/06/supernova-conditions-readily-created/>
admin <http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/author/admin/> / January 6, 2015
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2015/01/06/supernova-conditions-readily-created/>
/ Comments
Off on Supernova Conditions Readily Created In A Test Tube / Business News
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/category/business-news/>, Get Your Geek
On <http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/category/get-your-geek-on/>

http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2015/01/06/supernova-conditions-readily-created/
Hidetsuga Ikegami, one of Japan’s great physicists describes cold fusion as
being pycnonuclear (star-like) in nature
[image: Hidetsugu Ikegami is a Japanese physicist. He is professor emeritus
of Nuclear Physics at Osaka University, where he has been director of the
Research Center for Nuclear Physics]
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ikegami_osaka1.jpg>

Hidetsugu Ikegami is a Japanese physicist. He is professor emeritus of
Nuclear Physics at Osaka University, where he has been director of the
Research Center for Nuclear Physics. He’s also a professor at Uppsala
University in Sweden.

Ikegami’s paper (October 2012) <http://www.roxit.ax/CN.pdf> on what he
calls chemonuclear and pycnonuclear fusion is jam-packed with pertinent
insight and mathematics. He describes how his lifetime of nuclear science
and more than ten years of recent research within the conventional high
energy physics world studies of chemo-pycno-fusion have defined and
demonstrated the bridge between the two camps of Hot and Cold Fusion. His
work has languished unknown but to a few.

Ikegami points out through both experimental and mathematical rigorous
proofs that conditions inside the metal(s) and methods common to cold
fusion conditions are produced equivalent states of matter to those found
inside stars including the most exotic white dwarfs and supernova. Here on
Earth though that supernova matter is more like supernova ice – almost as
exotic as Vonnegut’s ice nine [image: 🙂]
Condensed Cold Micro Supernova Matter

These micro supernova conditions yield energy at a density that Ikegami’s
math shows is a million times more than that found inside of typical stars
and physical evidence in experiments in the form of alpha particles and
helium.
[image: Lithium + hydrogen fusion producing 2 helium nuclei sans neutrons.]
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/lithium_hydrogene_fusion1.jpg>

Lithium + hydrogen fusion producing 2 helium nuclei sans neutrons.

He chronicles conditions that exist when hydrogen enters into metals where
it changes from its molecular (H2) to atomic (H) form and beyond. Inside
the realm of the metal  and its powerful influence hydrogen atoms and their
lone electrons can condense and that condensed matter is super dense.

Pools of this dense condensed hydrogen achieve conditions of density like
those in super dense stars like white dwarfs, even supernova, and in that
condition fusion is virtually certain to take place. Very conventional
stellar mathematics show that density supplants temperature as the defining
requirement for fusion – cold fusion.

In the condensed matter, electrons act to screen the Coulomb repulsion
between the atomic nuclei and this screening effect becomes so remarkable
that rates of reactions at low temperatures are almost independent of the
temperature and mostly depend on the density of the matter.

While spill over condensing hydrogen
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2014/12/07/no-vacancy/> is the key,
atoms of other elements can and do become part of, spill over into, the
puddle of super dense hydrogen. The lower mass small atoms like lithium and
beryllium are highly favoured to participate in the fusions but other
heavier atoms like nickel and palladium can and do participate as well.
[image: Red Hot E-CAT 2]
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/E-CAT_2_redhot.png>

Red Hot E-CAT of Rossi

Ikegami’s work describes the exotic plasma conditions for fusion includes
dense plasmas that are in the form of Bose Einstein Condensates. While in
free space such condensed matter requires very challenging efforts to
create as hydrogen seeps into the cracks and crevices inside metals and
between larger atoms such condensed matter forms in very simple
environments. Examples of this are seen in the electrochemical loading of
hydrogen into metal as reported by Fleischmann and Pons in 1989. Or more
recently by those pursuing Nickel Hydrogen energy where the application of
high temperatures (~800-1000°C) helps the hydrogen to dissolve into the
metal. The HOT CATS of Rossi, Piantelli, Parkhomov… and more.
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2014/12/30/second-hot-cat-begins-howl/>
Lithium Experiment
[image: Ion_implanter2]
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Ion_implanter2.png>

Typical ion implantation device schematic. The ‘wafer’ is the target.
Ikegami used deuterium ions and a liquid lithium target.

A seminal experiment carried out by Ikegami in 2001 is one in which liquid
lithium metal was infused with deuterium nuclei via ion implantation. The
experiment appeared to produce nuclear fusion under conditions where
conventional wisdom forbade such fusion.

Soon after this first experiment another group in Sweden reproduced it and
definitively saw pycnofusion and the production of helium/alpha particles.
Again a third series of experiments in Tokyo showed evidence of fusion in
metal at an enhanced rate of 40 orders of magnitude beyond what
conventional dogma allowed. For more than 10 years these remarkable
chemofusions (cold fusion) observations languished in obscurity.
[image: Martin Fleischmann holding one of his cold fusion cells]
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/225px-Fleischmann-cf.jpg>

Martin Fleischmann holding one of his cold fusion cells

Fleischmann and Pons first noted the requirement/utility for lithium in
their 1989 pronouncement of cold fusions discovery. They were uncertain as
to the role of the lithium but experimentally it had proven to be virtually
a necessity. Surely in their electrochemical systems lithium was seen to
accumulate on and in their palladium cathodes where cold fusion took place.
The lithium likely did not gove very deep in the palladium but surely it
could reach down a few atomic layers. Fleischmann and Pons remained focused
on excess heating in their experiments and did not look for helium or metal
isotope signatures.

My own work using intense ultrasonic cavitation massively implanted
deuterium into palladium and other target metals. The results were
consistently striking as seen in dramatic macroscopic melting along with
observable microscopic melting as evidenced by volcano-like eruptions
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2015/01/04/more-miracle-moments/> of
molten palladium (and other elements) from the surface of the target metal.
Gases from the liquid experiments revealed high levels of 4He many times
the 5.22ppm concentration of helium in air.
[image: Cavitation induced cold fusion palladium target clearly melted
while immersed in circulating heavy water.]
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/sono_palladium_hot-melt_color.jpg>

Cavitation induced cold fusion palladium target clearly melted while
immersed in circulating heavy water.

Further study of the metal targets revealed well-known internal helium
‘loop punching’
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2015/01/04/more-miracle-moments/> features
while melting samples of the metal targets yield high levels of helium
being released from the metal. Palladium isotope anomalies were also
identified that had no explanation save nuclear transformations.

More recently cold fusion systems have been commonly based on hot gaseous
systems where powdered ingredients heated with hydrogen and deuterium are
heated at modest temperatures of 100-200° C, in such cases I and others with
online helium mass spectrometers
<http://atom-ecology.russgeorge.net/2013/05/03/wired-magazine-report-on-cold-fusion-includes-segment-on-my-work/>
have
repeatedly observed production of large amounts of helium growing into the
experiments over long periods of time (up to several weeks.) Other
experiments operated at 800-1000° C or more are effectively smelted
together resulting in exotic alloys of multiple metal, always including
lithium and hydrogen. Starting out with chemically bound ‘solid hydrogen’
and in tightly sealed ‘micro-smelters’ the stuff of stars is born and cold
fusion results.
Ikegami’s Bridge

Ikegami has shown us the pier he has built out from the HOT fusion enemy
camp toward our cold fusion community. As more and more planks are laid on
the bridge between HOT and COLD fusion are laid the community of science is
undergoing a most desirable fusion of ideas. At the same time practical
technologies that can deliver useful inexpensive non-polluting and
limitless fusion energy are springing forth like flowers in spring time.
Just in time perhaps to save us all from the polluting ravages of the
fossil fuel age.

*Now where did I put that sample of lithium beryllium doped palladium I
always planned to test. Perhaps a Fleischmann/Dyson sphere is in order.*

Endnote:

Ever since Fleischmann and Pons pronounced their cold fusion in a tea-cup
experiments the HOT fusion camp has engaged in all out war against any and
all who might embrace cold fusion. With a vastly larger number of people
employed by HOT fusion sadly a number of outrageous personalities, a hot
fusion *granfalloon*, was allowed and facilitated to stir up a *pool-pah* in
the HOT fusion crowd that became a 25 year frenzy of dogmatic hate speech.
Countless people have been duped into thinking that Cold Fusion isn’t real.
Here’s a link to a litany of the outrageous comments
<http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MalloveEclassicnas.pdf> that suffices to
recall and illustrate the offenses.

The banner image is of Supernova 1987A.