I'm no fyzicist, but BECs are the quantum state of matter absolutely
requiring the least possible amount of energy in the system as is possible

This is not an absolute. When polaritons are confined in an optical cavity
over time, FANO interference forces the waveform into a soliton. In other
words, long term confinement of EMF leads to the formation of a BEC through
interference.