It seems to be rather easy to test the noble gas cavitation posit. With the
advent of barbell type acoustic horns, a quantity of pressurized noble gas
mix might be treated with ultrasonic stimulation from the acoustic horn and
then excited with a spark. If the noble gas mix explodes then the design of
an acoustic horn based cavitation engine is straightforward.

Some insights on how to build such a cavitation based reactor might come
from something like this...one large acoustic driver with a pickup for each
cylinder

http://www.mittoncavitation.com/about-mitton-cavitation-reactors.php

[image: Mitton Reactor]