I referred to Piantelli the other day. It turns out I have no papers by him at LENR-CANR.org. There are several by his co-author Focardi, such as:

Focardi, S., et al., Large excess heat production in Ni-H systems. Nuovo Cimento Soc. Ital. Fis. A, 1998. 111A: p. 1233.

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/FocardiSlargeexces.pdf

I think Piantelli is the leader of the group.

I have not heard if they responded to the critique by Cerron-Zeballos et al.

Cerron-Zeballos did a careful, year-long attempt to replicate, as you see in the paper. As far as I can tell, they disproved the Focardi claims. I with that more cold fusion experiments were replicated with this kind of care.