Hi Jones,

Thanks for the interesting story. According to Google the document you
quoted from is this DOD report:

http://dodfuelcell.cecer.army.mil/library_items/Thermo(2004).pdf

The link doesn't seem to be working right now, but the text remains
available via Google's cache:

http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:aXtJ7qjancgJ:dodfuelcell.cecer.army.mil/library_items/Thermo(2004).pdf

The conclusion of the report is in fact quite positive about Rossi's
TE technology :

<<1 EXECUTIVE SUMMARY

Thermoelectric (TE) power generation results from electricity that is
induced in particular materials by a temperature differential. This is
known as the “Seebeck Effect.” Historically, the cost of
thermoelectric power generation has been high due to limitations in
material knowledge and associated processing issues. Recent technology
developments, based on advances in material science and advanced
manufacturing techniques, have demonstrated a high potential for
reduced production costs.

Leonardo Technologies Inc. (LTI) has demonstrated their thermoelectric
innovation as a cost-effective energy-producing alternative that is
efficient and environmentally benign. Initial testing of LTI’s
innovations demonstrate an approximate three-fold in-crease in energy
conversion and potentially a ten-fold decrease in fabrication cost per
kW of electrical generation capacity. It is projected that under mass
production, the cost per kW of thermoelectric devices could approach
that of combined-cycle gas central power plants, the least expensive
power generation alternative, at about $500/kW – with the added
economic benefit of no fuel costs.
The results of this study will assist the development of a
demonstration of LTI’s TE technology at a defense facility...>>

...so it's not clear to me that it affects the credibility of his
fusion report that badly. What affects it more in my mind is his
statement that he won't demonstrate anything publicly until he has a 1
MW device, why wait if he really has an Earth shattering 10 kW working
device?

In any case his claim that the DOD and DOE have looked at the
technology is supported by the composition of the Board of Advisers of
his strange self published online journal:

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?page_id=2

<<BOARD OF ADVISERS:

Prof. Sergio Focardi (INFN – University of Bologna – Italy)
** Prof. Michael Melich (DOD – USA)
Richard P. Noceti, Ph. D. , richard.noc...@lt.netl.doe.gov **
Prof. Alberto Carnera (INFM – University of Padova – Italy)
Prof. Giuseppe Levi (INFN – University of Bologna – Italy)
Prof. Pierluca Rossi (University of Bologna – Italy)
Prof. Luciana Malferrari (University of Bologna – Italy)
Prof. George Kelly (University of New Hampshire – USA)
Prof. Stremmenos Christos (Athen University – Greece) >>

BTW I agree with you that the patent is very poorly written, have you
noted "isothermal" instead of "exothermal" in claim 1? And it doesn't
reveal anything that might be novel, hence the well deserved "X" rated
prior art in the international search report (an Arata patent). What
purpose can such a patent application serve?

Michel