At 02:52 PM 2/7/2011, Mark Iverson wrote:
Abd:
You really need to be more careful with your choice of words...

"There is a staged demonstration, under the control of Rossi, with experimental details
concealed..."

No, there were at least two tests done with the same seasoned university scientists present.

Really? They knew what was inside that device?

No, it was not a 'staged' demo... And Rossi had very limited control. From everything that I've read, which is considerable, Rossi brought in the reactor but it was the Univ of Bologna scientists that set it up and brought in THEIR OWN instruments and hooked them up THEMSELVES.

I believe I mentioned that my comments weren't accurate if that happened.

  Also, as
mentioned several times so far, those same scientists looked for all possible ways to bring in other power sources, and the reactor was even ELEVATED off the surface of the table so one could see ALL connections to the reactor. Maybe that's what you call a 'staged' demo, but I think that's clearly
an exaggeration.

To the extent this was true, then my comments were off. There remains the possibility of internal "tricks." How about this: why is the device insulated? Could it be that it already contains some very hot material? .... Geez, that seems like it would be simple!

There is no end to possible frauds, which is why, with something of this magnitude, most scientists won't be satisifed until there are independent replications -- and, by the way, 1 MW reactors for sale certainly allows a kind of independent replication....

No, all experimental details were NOT concealed... There were a few, yes, but only those that were of a proprietary nature, and then, according to Rossi, only until patents are granted.

Patents won't be granted, my prediction. Inadequate disclosure. And that, then, gives Rossi the excuse to put off making the 1 MW reactors available....

I'd love to be wrong. Cheap energy would be wonderful.