I wrote:

> In an experiment with only 4 main parameters -- input power, inlet
> temperature, outlet temperature and flow rate -- the number of potential
> significant errors will BE small, and so will the number of ways
> deliberately fake data can be surreptitiously introduced.

This is a bit like playing chess with only 4 pieces, a king and queen on
both sides, and nothing else. The number of lines of attack are strictly
limited. The problem is simplified.

This is a key concept to computer security and program testing as well, as I
expect everyone here knows. Limited, well defined inputs and outputs, and
modularity.

I did not mean there are only 4 ways to fake this experiment!

I did not mean that every method of attack (introducing fake data)
corresponds exactly to a potential error, although most of them are
congruent.