http://lenr.qumbu.com/fake_rossi_ecat_v306.php

At 06:10 PM 3/22/2011, Jed Rothwell wrote:
Typo in report:

higher inout power
Probably should be: higher input power

Is that still there?   .. I fixed it a few versions ago, and can't find it in my current version.

In the report you wrote:
"Since then, Rossi has PAID the University of Bologna E500,000 to investigate and develop the eCat device . . ."
I believe that's E1,000,000.

http://www.nyteknik.se/nyheter/energi_miljo/energi/article3123849.ece
From Leonardo Corporation Rossi is now paying the remaining 500,000 Euros to the Physics Department of Bologna University, following a new agreement under which the university will help Rossi with the continued development of the reactor and studies of its physical phenomena.

"Some or all of the original 'independent investigators' have now
become 'team members'. Without casting aspersions on their integrity,
it is not clear whether their subsequent statements can be used to
formally prove that the eCat is real."

I currently (3.06) have the conclusion as :

The "Proof" that the device is real currently rests on Levi's informal description: if you accept all of Levi's February report, then all fakes are conclusively ruled out.

And in "recent events" I quote Levi :

Since many of the original independent observers are now presumed to be under contract to Rossi, some might question their future impartiality. However, as Levi noted:

"If I were an old professor with his career already done, then I would not have anything to risk. But any attempt at fraud on my part would be a terrible personal goal. What could I hope for? To have a title for ten days, and then be thrown from my own department. Because (the matter of) fraud comes up sooner or later. There is no hope for it. So if I ... well, I would be really stupid. Honestly, I would be really stupid!"

If professors are to be considered suspicious or unethical because
someone, somewhere pays for the research, then all professors in all
universities might as well be considered whores. Nearly all medical
research is paid for by drug companies ...

Ummm ... SOME would say that makes my point!

"Rothwell argues that some kinds of fakes would have been NOTICED by
the observers (For example, if Diesel fuel were burned, there would be
copious fumes)."

I expanded expand that comment:

Rothwell argues that some kinds of fakes would have been NOTICED by the observers (For example, if Diesel fuel were burned, there would be copious, fatally asphyxiating fumes --- though in the January experiment they could theoretically have been piped out of the room in the steam pipe.).

 But I'll leave gasoline/diesel IN because many people have used it as a frame of reference.