Terry Blanton <hohlr...@gmail.com> wrote:

<sigh>  You clearly are not paying attention.  He cannot.  A candle
> needs a match.

A minor detail. They could jump start it with mains electricity and then
after the water boils and the steam engine begins turning, disconnect the
mains and go to generator only.

This is like starting a car from a manual crank or battery.

You could use a battery for the E-Cat, but it would have to be large, since
it takes a while for a steam engine to get up to speed.

Rossi has often claimed that he needs mains electricity to ensure safety. So
what happens if the power fails? I guess there is a way to scram the
reactor. Dump the hydrogen and fill it with nitrogen?

I should probably add to that list, "Needs electricity for stable operation.
Heat after death possible but not recommended."