Yes they can. In fact this could be important for LENR, should it be broad
enough to include other boson quasiparticles, such as the magnon.

The definitions are similar: polaritons are quasiparticles resulting from
strong coupling of electromagnetic waves with an electric or magnetic
dipole-carrying excitation. The magnon could be imagined to be the subset of
that - where the coupling is only magnetic. However, it may be only a
partial subset with other features included.

Polaritons describe the dispersion of light (photons) with an interacting
phonon resonance; while the magnon would describe the dispersion of spin
current with an interacting resonance.

Using the same general terms, superconductivity where the Cooper pair is the
boson, would describe the dispersion of charge within an interacting phonon
resonance. (the last is my interpretation, which may not be correct).

Thus we have a linking of three BEC phenomena which may happen either at
room temperature or close- in the case of the RTSC.

From: Axil Axil

http://arstechnica.com/science/2013/02/bose-einstein-condensate-created-at-r
oom-temperature/

Bose-Einstein condensate created at room temperature

Can those interested in LENR draw any lessons from this formulation?

Cheers:    Axil