From: Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com>
To: newvortex <newvor...@yahoogroups.com>
Cc: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wed, Jun 5, 2013 5:09 pm
Subject: [Vo]:Re: [nVo] Moletrap discussions on the "independent report" on
Rossi's  Hot Cat

NOTE : this is being sent to vortex AND new-vortex   I hope it works!

Hot Cat

> >Seriously, folks..... the one issue that keeps being glossed over
> >whenever it is brought up is just this: How do you control an
> >exothermic reaction at the core of a cylinder by using heating coils
> >further out towards the surface of the cylinder?
> >I have never yet heard a plausible explanation of how this is
> >supposed to work in Rossi's system. It is clear from the graphs in
> >the paper that the system must be supplied with power, literally
> >from outside, or it will cool right off. The data that appear to
> >show it continuing to heat up for a little while after the power is
> >reduced, in each cycle of the thermostatically-controlled power
> >cycling, simply indicate that it takes a little time for temperature
> >changes to propagate thru the device, I think, and in no way
> >indicate that the inner core is exothermic on its own. How do you
> >get any kind of "self-sustaining" behaviour from this, and
> >especially how do you use the heat coils to stop the thing from
> >"runaway heating" and meltdown, if the inner cylinder is a greater
> >source of heat than are the coils?

I have just finished an  initial thermal analysis of the Hotcat, using Spice,
in
an attempt to explain its unusual "sine-like" output.

http://lenr.qumbu.com/rossi_hotcat_may2003_spice_130605.php

I tried various possible "waveforms" for the hotcat's excess heat, and found
the
best fit to be a "sawtooth" -- starting when the heater pulse arrives,
finishing
at its peak, and then falling rapidly.

I am working on a model to explain this behavior.

On vortex David Roberson is exploring the control mechanism, also through a
Spice model. He argues for a linear control model.

My short answer is that yes, Virginia ... a small  heat source  CAN control the
large heat source.