Good day to all. I am posting this on behalf of Abd Lomax. Hopefully all of
you, the distinguished and well-informed Vortex-L community, can
get involved in some small way to help move this
worthwhile initiative forward. Abd's message speaks for itself. You are
encouraged to post any suggestions, questions, etc. Thank you for taking
the time to read and all the best:
**
*"I've been talking for some time about starting an organization to
identify needed cold fusion research, develop suggested protocols,
obtain bids or budgets from qualified researchers, and arrange for
funding from governmental, corporate, or other sources.

This is for *basic research,* not commercial research aimed at a
product. There is some possible overlap between this initiative,
which I'm tentatively calling Infusion Institute, Inc, or III, and
other efforts. From my point of view, however, these other
initiatives don't address the fundamental science. If successful,
they will have an impact; for example, the availability of a
relatively simple and inexpensive demonstration kit, as proposed and
being investigated by the New Fire people, will transform perceptions
about cold fusion and will itself lead to breakthroughs, to a
breakdown of the cascade that rejected cold fusion because it "could
not be reproduced." However, cold fusion is potentially far too
important to the future of humanity to rely upon only one approach.

We know that the Fleischmann-Pons Heat Effect was confirmed, but the
lack of coherent coordination among research groups clouded the
atmosphere and muddied the waters. There are very few exact
replications. Given the apparent chaotic nature of the FPHE, we could
only expect statistical replication, which requires a larger data set
than has been compiled, in order to clearly constitute the
"extraordinary evidence" that has been expected. Extraodinary
evidence for cold fusion -- broadly defined -- does already exist,
but has been buried and hidden in a flood of other data and reports.

The steps forward:

1. I have started a mailing list to be used to develop coherent
proposals for basic research, up to and including specification of
protocols. This list will hopefully engage not only researchers and
those greatly interested in the field, but also genuine skeptics,
those willing to encourage research to *answer* basic questions, by
pointing out deficiencies in existing research, so that research
protocols may be designed to address whatever might be unclear. The
subscription address is
**coldfusioncomm...@**yahoogroups.com* <javascript:>*. Subscriptions must
be
approved by a moderator, and we will be encouraging real name
identification; anonymous subscriptions may be allowed, but only
through private discussion with a moderator. To request an anonymous
subscription, write **coldfusionco...@**yahoogroups.com* <javascript:>*, or
write me.

2. Infusion Institute, Inc., III, is proposed. This will be a
nonprofit corporation, with a Board of Trustees that will make
decisions about activty. I am facilitating this and may be hired by
the board to support this work, but will not wear two hats. That is,
I will be on the board, or will be employed by III, or will
voluntarily support it. This field is far too important for it to be
controlled by any single individual, including me. III and the Cold
Fusion Community will be independent, though likely inter-related
through common membership, and III will be advised by the Cold Fusion
Community, as well as through its own internal process.

3. III will review the "work product" of the mailing list and other
public structures, such as the CMNS mailing list and resources
developed on Wikiversity, and will identify proposals to be
supported. It will solicit bids to actually perform the work, and
thus will create budgets. It will then identify funding sources and
will make grant requests. While III would accept unrestricted grants,
particularly for seed money to develop its own operations, the major
funding may bypass III and go directly to organizations for specific
activities deemed worthy by the funding agency. III's mission is to
facilitate and coordinate research, not to control it.

Some research may be done through multiple research groups,
particularly where there are existing research reports of high
interest, needing confirmation. At this point, III will likely not be
funding primary research, because there is a backlog of fundamental
research that remains unconfirmed or inadequately confirmed.

III is not intended to establish a new research facility, at least
not initially. Such are arising, and III will generally support and
assist these efforts. Credible new facilities may, of course, choose
to bid on research proposals, along with established groups."*