The bits of the results that I think are true are that he has managed to get fairly spectacular damage using cavitation bubbles and that there was something more interesting going on than just bubble collapse. The answer to why comes from having spent something like four hours with Mark during which we had extensive and often completely surreal discussions, and also from knowing someone else who appears in part to have managed to repeat the results.