LeClair’s experimental descriptions mostly rings true with my understanding
of LENR in cavatation.

The *Key* to LENR is optical vortexes (AKA solitons). Nanoplasmonics
mechanisms load light into nano-sized optical resonators in unlimited
amounts. These solitons produce hugely powerful tightly focused atomic
scale magnetic beams. The power of these beams may get up to 10 to the 16th
power tesla.

In the Ni/H reactor, these solitons are entangled and form a Bose-Einstein
condensate (BEC). Therefore no gamma radiation is emitted from the BEC
because of EMF superatom frequency leveling.

However, in the LeClair system it is too cold for a BEC to form so gamma
radiation will not be converted to heat.

In this theory, the cavatation bubble forms an optical resonator. The power
that has formed the bubble is converted to light by Nanoplasmonic
mechanisms and the light is compressed in frequency to near X-Ray levels by
whispering gallery resonance processes (AKA FANO resonance).

http://metrology.hut.fi/courses/s108-j/Nano2.pdf

In sonoluminescence, the dark mode cavity confinement of the polariton
plasmoid (aka soliton) breaks down and energy from the plasmoid escapes to
the far field (it glows) as ultra- violet and deep blue light as the
cavatation bubble collapses.
However, when the dark mode is maintained (light tight) in the cavatation
bubble, the huge magnetic field produce by light in the polariton plasmid
vortex stays together long enough to affect the atoms on the surface of the
solid material being eroded.

In cavatation, the soliton can grow especially strong because vortex
structures likes  to combine together. Many solitons can combine into one
huge monster. In the Ni/H reactor, consolidation of solitons may not occur
which makes for a Ni/H reaction weaker.
LeClair may have erroneously connected the water crystal that he sees with
the action of these magnetic vortex solitons.

These nanostructures may play a role in the production of the solitons. His
belief in hypersonic water crystal collision is not correct,

LeClair states that something - a vortex (my belief) made a 2 meter spiral
 trench in a copper rod.

Proton-21 has seen a vortex track for maximum distance of 61 centimeters in
a photograph/

Reference:

http://aflb.ensmp.fr/AFLB-331/aflb331m632.pdf

*Experimental observation and analysis of action of light magnetic
monopoles on multilayer surfaces*