These vortexes are problematical. Both the LeClair and Proton-21 vortexes a
stable for a very long time; like ball lightning.  A Polaritron
vortex lasts only 20 to 30 picoseconds due to coulomb repulsion. So these
long lived EMF vortexes must be without charge to be stable for so long: so
they must be photon based vortexes.

How photon based  vortexes can form from nanoplasmonic processes is not
clear to me.

What is inside those solitons?

.