James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com> wrote:

Its pretty clear that Jed is attempting to hold DGT to the same standard as
> Rossi et al.  Of course, the bar set by Rossi et al in terms of disclosure
> is pretty low -- so I can see his frustration with DGT as reasonable.

Rossi's has set the disclosure bar so low he would win a limbo contest.
Rossi has disclosed practically nothing. The quality of his tests ranged
from bad to ridiculous.

I believe Rossi because other people independently tested his devices and
confirmed the claims. Specifically, the people at Ampenergo, U. Bologna,
and ELFORSK. Several other people tested his devices and found they did not
work. If it were not for those independent tests, I would not believe one
word of Rossi's claims.

Defkalion has not published any results. Not one test. Not one graph. So we
have no basis to judge them. Except up until now I could sort of judge by
the rumors, and the stray comments by experts under NDA, who said "the
gadget does not work." That is not much to go on, but it looked bad. Then I
heard their flow rate measurement was wrong. How wrong, I did not know, but
even Hadjichristos confirmed it was wrong.

Now, finally, we have a definitive result: the calorimetry is wrong.

Unless and until they publish some other result, it is case closed. They
have nothing.

Look, people make stupid mistakes. It happens. You have to forgive them.
What is not forgivable is when they hold out for years and they do not
admit they made a mistake. The paper from Gamberale shows that Defkalion
knew long ago they had made a mistake. (Or they knew he caught them
committing fraud, if that is what it was.) They should have published a
retraction on their web site saying: "The ICCF18 demonstration was invalid
because the flow rate was measured incorrectly. We apologize for the
mistake." If they had done that, every expert in this field would forgive
them, as would I.