Leaving the idea of mathematical equivalence aside, and for the sake of
argument I'll just take your word for it (though I'm sure that's a
debatable point), if they were physically equivalent LENR would not be such
a novel & hard-to-detect effect -- it would be ubiquitous and obvious. Or,
at the very least, not so rare at the classical level. For example, I think
there is evidence that humans are quantum-coherent, but I have actual
evidence from investigations of biological organisms to back that up, not
abstractions from disparate fields of study that I make subjective
connections between.

OK so we can't test the quantum-coherent gamma barrier, right? We just take
it on a certain amount of faith (for the present I'm guessing) that it can
do all the things you say it does? Similar to WLT? If this is the case, at
the very least I think some calculations for a phenomenon that produces no
testable predictions in LENR systems. WLT do provide calculations at least,
though most of them have been torn apart by a number of competent people in
the field.