Let's get right down to the study of antennas and *Antenna Basics*. Suppose
one day you're walking down the street and a kind but impatient person runs
up and asks you to design an antenna for them. "Sure", you quickly reply,
adding "what is the desired frequency, gain, bandwidth, impedance, and
polarization?"

Or perhaps you have never heard of (or are a little rusty) on the above
parameters. Before we can design an antenna or discuss antenna types, we
must understand the basics of antennas, which are the fundamental
parameters that characterize an antenna.

Ed Storms uses the design methodology of random chance. Ed says that if we
can produce enough plasmon antennas, some of them will work just on the
weight of the numbers of antennae produced.

Rossi on the other hand spent six months of intensive experimental effort
working day and night to design his antennae by blind trial and error. At
the end of that experimental sequence, Rossi came up with the design of his
plasmonic antenna that was the best that he could find and did the job for
him.

Both design methods are equally valid if that method works. There is a flaw
in Ed storms method that takes his method out of the LENR design toolbox.
>From time to time, the numbers of his randomized antennas are not numerous
enough to get to the takeoff point where the LENR reaction can be sustained
on randomized antenna production.

Rossi’s fixed design can get his system to the point where his plasmonic
antennae can be produced in sufficient numbers to increase the LENR
reactivity of the NiH reaction. In analogy, the first stage of Ed Storms
antenna rocket in not powerful enough to get him into space on a regular
basis. Sometimes it gets into orbit but sometimes this system falls into
the ocean. In other words it fails to take off from time to time.

Rossi’s first stage is strong enough to get him into orbit every time
because he kept at the antenna design process until his fixed antenna
structure worked every time for him.

But to Rossi’s dismay, sometimes randomized antenna production goes too far
and his reactor melts down.

There will be a time that the analytical and scientific design of plasmonic
antennae will be routinely applied to LENR reactor design, but until
awareness of that method grows, lesser design methods will have to do.

In closing, I find it ironic that Ed Storms does not accept the principle
of dynamic NAE generation as applicable to what LENR experimentation shows,
but then he advocates this randomized antenna production process as the
keystone of his method.