OK was I was able to adopt an unreasonably open posture toward Mills's
presentation and spend time searching for the calorimetry in the
demonstration videos.  What I found was intriguing enough to bother to do a
little more investigation and invest a bit of my personal credibility with
a physicist whose time I am hesitant to impose on but who is at least
somewhat open to looking at alternatives to "accepted" theory.

Two outcomes:

1) After a quick reading of key points of particular interest to him the
physicist is convinced Mills's theory is worthy of further consideration.

2) In part 2 of the July 21st demo, very near the end, is a report from a
professor at the University of Illinois that claims to have reproduced
Mills's heat phenomenon with rigorous calorimetry.  I went to the
University of Illinois and have colleagues there that are skeptical of
George Miley's work there.  My impression of the of the UofIL is that when
a professor of engineering there says something in his field of expertise,
it is it is unwise to discount it before giving it serious consideration.

I find this somewhat disconcerting because I've previously been relatively
skeptical toward BLP simply on the basis of its incompetently drafted press
release prior to its first demo of this year and the seeming appeal to 2
"miracles" at once:

1) The hydrino (the miracle here being that Mills has overturned most of
the 20th century's authorities in physics).

2) That the hydrino explains the production of nuclear ash (columb masking)
of cold fusion experiments while at the same time providing substantial
energy (if not most of its energy) from hydrino chemistry.