Hi James,
[snip]
>OK was I was able to adopt an unreasonably open posture toward Mills's
>presentation and spend time searching for the calorimetry in the
>demonstration videos.  What I found was intriguing enough to bother to do a
>little more investigation and invest a bit of my personal credibility with
>a physicist whose time I am hesitant to impose on but who is at least
>somewhat open to looking at alternatives to "accepted" theory.
>
>Two outcomes:
>
>1) After a quick reading of key points of particular interest to him the
>physicist is convinced Mills's theory is worthy of further consideration.
>
>2) In part 2 of the July 21st demo, very near the end, is a report from a
>professor at the University of Illinois that claims to have reproduced
>Mills's heat phenomenon with rigorous calorimetry.  I went to the
>University of Illinois and have colleagues there that are skeptical of
>George Miley's work there.  My impression of the of the UofIL is that when
>a professor of engineering there says something in his field of expertise,
>it is it is unwise to discount it before giving it serious consideration.
>
>I find this somewhat disconcerting because I've previously been relatively
>skeptical toward BLP simply on the basis of its incompetently drafted press
>release prior to its first demo of this year and the seeming appeal to 2
>"miracles" at once:
>
>1) The hydrino (the miracle here being that Mills has overturned most of
>the 20th century's authorities in physics).

All breakthroughs are "miracles", yet without them science would never make a
major advancement.

>2) That the hydrino explains the production of nuclear ash (columb masking)
>of cold fusion experiments while at the same time providing substantial
>energy (if not most of its energy) from hydrino chemistry.

Why is this a miracle? Note that there are lots of Hydrino "sizes", and
therefore different sizes are likely to predominate under different
circumstances. This could go a long way toward explaining the variability in CF
experiments. In the past, on this list, I have also provided many new "clean"
nuclear reaction pathways that Hydrinos (or something similar) might make
possible, such as IC like processes, fast protons, and Hydrino molecular cluster
fusion/fission.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk