Well, since we're talking about NASA & impossible space drives...

Excerpt of heavily encrypted PDF file

Proposal by Quantum Potential Corporation in response to 2011 NASA

http://www.quantum-potential.com/ACT%20NASA.pdf

NASA, U.S. Navy and U.S. Air Force have commissioned a number of
interesting yet disjointed studies on asymmetric capacitors with the goal
of evaluating their usefulness to propulsion applications. The nature of
propulsive forces arising in asymmetric capacitors under high voltage was
attributed to mysterious Biefeld–Brown effect, which hinted at new physics.
Thorough examination by the aforementioned government agencies have
conclusively proved that thrust in atmosphere is definitely due to ionic
wind as the magnitude of the observed force closely matches ion transport
calculations. Consequently, no thrust was observed in high vacuum. However,
propulsive forces were noted when an electric arc jumped between the
capacitor electrodes. Because ablation was the only logical conventional
explanation, none of the studies pursued the subject further. The 2004 NASA
study commissioned by NASA Breakthrough Propulsion Project was the only one
to cast a shadow of doubt on the ablation hypothesis: the calculated mass
loss was not supported by observations. Clearly, some other hitherto
unknown mechanism must be at play. If this mechanism is genuine, it may be
a manifestation of “new physics” with far reaching consequences and
immediate applications in space propulsion (e.g., purely electromagnetic
momentum exchange propellantless propulsion). Because of the potential
importance of an unambiguous identification of the nature of the propulsive
force arising from an asymmetric capacitor arcing in vacuum, we propose an
experiment that will a) accurately measure thrust resulting from the arc
(better than 104

N); b) accurately measure material loss due to ablation (better than 104

g); c) account for parasitic effects due to electrostatic/electromagnetic
interaction with vacuum chamber walls . To our knowledge no such experiment
has been performed. The experiment will be performed in a bell jar vacuum
chamber (<105

Torr) using torsion balance similar to the one employed in the 2004 NASA
study.

 Confirmation of thrust without ablation will be a truly significant
accomplishment of American science (with significant public benefit)
indicating that new and hitherto unrecognized phenomena may be at play.
This discovery will have far reaching consequences for science and
technology and thus corresponds for high payoff research. We may be only
$116,000 dollars away from the next major technological breakthrough. At a
very minimum successful confirmation of ablationless propulsive force will
lead to development of new generation of propellantless thrusters for near
Earth maneuvering and deep space travel that will markedly reduce the cost
of space missions and may even solve the space junk problem (see Section
10). Numerous other applications will follow.