CB, the folks that do not believe that man made global warming is the primary
cause of the heating have a right to their opinions just as you do and it is
not appropriate for you to write in this manner.  Perhaps you missed the latest
statement from the modelers that the current flat temperature period might last
until 2025 or so before the heating resumes.  Considering that their models did
not even hint that this was possible, I think you might want to reconsider the
quality of the predictions of those models.

I expect good correlation between what one predicts and what actually occurs
for a process that is well understood.  If this is not seen then it is proper
to suspect that the model is lacking.  One day these guys might get things
right, but for now, they are seriously in error.  When do you think it will be
appropriate to expect them to generate answers that match the real world?  They
have come to bat and struck out this time.  Even they admit the lack of
correlation at this point after a long denial.

Surely you must realize that essentially every scientific theory will be shown
to be incorrect at some time in the future.  It is entirely possible that the
global warming crowd will become the ones that leave the scene with their tails
between their legs like the tobacco industry execs you mention.  Complex
systems are notoriously difficult to understand and the global climate behavior
appears to be one of the most complex around.  If you have an open mind you
might want to look into the correlation between solar activity and cloud
formation.

I vote along with you that global warming is a subject of extreme controversy
and it would be great if vortex never discusses the issue again.  Until that
time please refrain from using inappropriate language.

Dave