The answer to this question is 100 million.

It may come as a surprise to many but the Bible may have an answer to this
question. I am answering this not to show how biblically knowledgeable I am,
but to show the skeptic that the Bible has many many answers to many many
difficult questions if one simply takes the time to study it and evaluate the
evidence it presents with an open mind.

To try to answer this question - the question of how many Angels can dance on
the head of a pin?  I need to lay some groundwork.  But before I do that, let
it be clear to everyone that Angles don't dance.  That carnal behavior is
beneath them.  So, the proper question is - How many Angels can stand on the
head of a pin.

1.  First, let's understand that the Bible teaches that our 3.5 dimensional
world (3 space dimensions, plus 1/2 of time dimension - 1/2 because we can only
travel in that dimension 1 way - only towards the future, we can't move back in
time.) - that our 3.5 dimensional world is but a part of a reality that is
composed of maybe up to 10 dimensions.  Paul talks of being taken to the third
heaven - this is another place of existence inaccesible to us mortals.
Maimonides, an ancient Jewish Scholar, believed that we live in a
10-dimensional world only 4 of which was knowable.  John, when describing the
New Jerusalem, talks of the streets of being made of "Pure Gold like clear
glass".   How can pure gold be like clear glass other than there is another
dimension wherein this pure opaque gold exists wherein one can see thru it.
Jude, when describing angels talks of how fallen angels left their
"habitation", which imply that they have another type of habitation (Body).
Jesus in his ressurection body was able to pass thru doors and appear and
disappear at will, and also float up to heaven at his ascension.  Jesus at the
transfiguration was transformed to a bright and shining form of body.

Even our latest science tells the same story.  There are many scholar who
believe that our reality is but a projection - a hologram, a simulation of a
larger multi-dimensional reality.  Doesn't Dawkins talk of a multiverse?  He is
reflecting the sentiment of many scholars, who may not necessarily, and in
fact, are not Christians.  Doesn't our Latest String Theory talk of a
10-dimensional Universe?

So, the point of my first point, is that there is reason to believe from the
Bible as well as from Science that we live in a Universe which may be up to 10
dimensions.

Thus, Angels are in fact multi-dimensional creatures.  They can come and go
into our dimension, assume any shape they like in our dimension and can occupy
the same space at the same time in our dimension.

2.  Second, to begin to answer how many Angels can fit on the head of a pin,
let's examine the broader question of how many Angels there are.  Revelations
5.11 has this to say.  As far as I know, this is the only place in the Bible
where the number of Angels is explicitly mentioned.  It says 10 thousand times
10 thousands and thousands of thousands.

Rev 5:11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the
throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand
times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

I don't know what thousands of thousands is, but I do know  that 10 thousand
times 10 thousand is 100 million.  Hence, the answer to the question is 100
million Angels can fit on the head of pin.  If you count fallen Angels in the
mix, the number would be 150 million because 1/3 of the Angels followed Satan
in the fall leaving behind 2/3 which is 100 million.

Jojo