From: Alan Fletcher <a...@well.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>; vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 4:45 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:ECAT Uses AC and not DC

At 10:22 AM 9/15/2014, David Roberson wrote:

Rossihas stated within his blog that the HotCat only works on AC power. Both 50
and 60 hertz appear to work with his system.

I think that the AC requirement is just for his control system,modulating the
power with a thyristor.   I suspect that aDC-to-AC inverter would work just
fine (with a small loss ofefficiency).