Gordon Docherty has posted a theory reconciling hydrinos with cold fusion:

"A Refinement of Ideas: Hydrinos and LENR existing in Perfect Harmony
<http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/09/02/hydrinos-and-lenr-existing-in-perfect-harmony-guest-post/>
"

How does his compare to yours, Robin?

Also Ed Storms had a theory in his penultimate book:

Storms, Edmund (2007). Science of low energy nuclear reaction: a
comprehensive compilation of evidence and explanations. Singapore: World
Scientific. p. 184. ISBN 981-270-620-8.

I don't have his book nor do I have a link to an online version of the
cited theory from page 184.

Are you familiar with Ed Storms's theory reconciling hydrinos with cold
fusion?