I definitely agree.  I have started using SVN for all my personal source control needs and upgraded our work repository from SourceSafe (urgghhh!) to SVN (enjoy!). It's vastly superior to CVS, and TortoiseSVN (the windows client) is very good indeed.

It has much better support good for moving files around as you still keep the history, and renaming or moving directories too.

It also supports branches and tags, and does this cleanly through soft linking on the server (links are broken when a branch's files are changed)

All in all I like it and think it would be a good decision to move any project to it.