Component is generic, and also recalls COM etc.

How about:

Part
Facet
Role
Type
Fragment
Trait

What exactly *is* a metaobject?  It's a constituent Vobject that's part of a
real Vobject, and which implements a facet or part of that Vobject, probably
corresponding to a type.  It implements part of the Vobject's interface. It
provides an interface to the programmer (e.g. in C++ or whatever) for that
facet or part or type.  It handles a set or group of messages within that
Vobject.

I kind of like Part. Could even be inside Vobject's namespace I guess
(Vobject::Part).  I don't know how much this might have changed in s5 but
generally a programmer only needs to know about MetaObjects when he is
implementing one, if you're just "using" VOS you deal either with objects as
generic Vobjects or with their type interface classes (e.g. Property, Object3D,
etc.)

Reed